2011年10月25日星期二

Discover ways to Speak How to speak spanish On the internet With confidence

As an American living in Mexico these past few years, I've been working on my Spanish in a variety of ways. rosetta stone software In fact, I have become fascinated by how people acquire second languages and have made a study of the subject.

One of the things that helps us to acquire proficiency in another language is to immerse ourselves in that language in a variety of ways -- I often recommend listening to music that has words or watching DVDs of soap operas or films.

I've had a lot of fun, and picked up some Spanish, by reading. cheap rosetta stone website  I'm always reading something in English; usually there are several books by my bedside table.

One day, I was in a mall in Guadalajara, Mexico's second-largest city. I had finished my shopping and was waiting for the people I had come with. I wandered into a small bookstore and started browsing. I didn't think I could read most of the books there without frustration, cheap rosetta stone store  but as I picked up first one, then another, I saw that I could get the general idea at least.

I ended up buying one called "El leon, la bruja, y el armario." (They must not capitalize titles in Spanish, as that's how it was on the book cover.) Sound familiar? It was a translation of "The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe," rosetta stone italian for sale  a novel I had read before.

I had forgotten what a gripping story it was. Once I started reading it in Spanish, I could hardly put it down and I must admit I skipped ahead and read the last couple of chapters! I missed a lot, even in the parts I read, because I didn't know words, but I had the pleasure of immersing myself in a great Rosetta Stone Japanese version 4 story and I gained more confidence in reading Spanish. After that, I began to go through the book methodically, with a copy in English that I bought for the purpose of reading each chapter in both languages.

Whatever language you are learning, once you get past the very beginning level, Rosetta Stone Korean level 3  do try reading in that language -- try newspapers, magazines, websites, children's books, or whatever you can find. It's enjoyable and you will likely learn something.

Rosana Hart writes about Chinese language software at her website. http://dnjbkd184.blog.com She reviews a variety of programs for learning Chinese, including Rosetta Stone Chinese, which she didn't care for.

没有评论:

发表评论